KGUmusic mouthpiece adaptor for a flugelhorn sound, deep cup mouthpiece adaptor for trumpet
- Expanded possibilities of your trumpet. A KGUmusic mouthpiece adaptor is a good option for reaching the mellow flugelhorn sound with the trumpet, by using the mouthpiece with the deep cup.
- Easy to use, fast to install. It takes a few seconds to place the adaptor. The device adds some length to the flugelhorn mouthpiece and makes it compatible with the trumpet without distorting the register.
- A richer and warmer sound. It easily changes the sound of your trumpet from sharp to mellow, perfect for ballads and slow jams.
- Saved strength and space in your luggage. Unlike additional musical instruments, the compact adaptor can be stored in your pouch together with the mouthpieces, thus, it doesn’t take much room.
- Better chances for musical experiments on tour. Make some parts of the musical piece sound different by changing the timbre, and experiment with the sound of your band or orchestra – no need to switch between two instruments.
We’re happy to present the specially designed adaptor from KGUmusic which enables a flugelhorn mouthpiece to perfectly fit the trumpet. As you know, the visual difference between the trumpet and the flugelhorn has a direct impact on how these instruments sound. The trumpet sounds more vivid and sharp, while the flugelhorn produces a mellower and warmer sound. The trumpet mouthpiece is longer and is characterized by the shallow cup, which results in brighter and higher notes. The flugelhorn mouthpiece has a deeper V-shaped cup and that’s what makes this instrument sound warm with easy and clear low notes.
The KGUmusic flugelhorn mouthpiece adaptor compensates for the difference between the flugelhorn and the trumpet mouthpiece by adding some length. Thus, your trumpet acquires a mellower sound without distorting the register. It means you don’t need to switch between two instruments anymore. Especially, if you have to perform some lyrical pieces with a deep sound, but you want your case to fit the minimum carry-on baggage dimensions. Or if you’re not planning to take many things with you. It’s much easier to take a mouthpiece adaptor for a trumpet rather than carry an additional instrument. Take the adaptor from your mouthpiece pouch and place it on the instrument. Done, you’re a half to a warmer and richer flugelhorn sound without any mess.
Of course, you can change the sound, by using proper breathing, which can be very exhausting. But if your conductor doesn’t insist on using only a flugelhorn or maybe you need your flugelhorn just for three bars, it’s more convenient to take the adaptor than carrying two instruments with you. You can also use the adaptor for a flugelhorn sound, depending on your personal vision as a musician, for instance, if you feel that some parts of the musical piece would sound better if you could change the timbre. The adaptor can be used by either a single musician or a group of performers altogether.